Weed Tincture 101
Tinctures (or elixirs) are a favorite way for so many to consume cannabis – especially those that are looking for therapeutic benefits like support for better sleep, anxiety, and even pain. Top reasons they are a cannabis “fan favorite”:
- Elixirs/tinctures are an easy and discreet way to ingest cannabis without the odor of smoking or vaping.
- An elixir allows absorption through the sublingual gland under your tongue. By bypassing the digestive tract, elixirs directly get active ingredients into the bloodstream through the mouth’s lining.
- They have a long shelf life and can be added to everything from soups to salad dressings, giving many consumption options.
- They allow for exact, straightforward drop-by-drop dosing compared to other forms of cannabis consumption, like edibles.
The three types of tinctures are:
- CBD isolate – Only the CBD cannabinoid and a carrier oil.
- Broad-spectrum CBD tinctures – Includes the cannabinoids and terpenes in hemp, but no THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD tinctures – Contains the full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes in hemp, including fractional amounts of THC.
Modern-day CBD tinctures are mostly made by mixing a cannabinoid extract with a carrier oil.
But note: not all tinctures are made equally!
For a clean tincture:
- Always look for cannabis oil from no-spray cannabis.
- The procedure of extracting from the cannabinoid is important for clean tincture – CO2 extraction yields a clean product free of residual solvents with terpenes and other more delicate cannabinoids intact.
Autumn Brands has got just that. Two clean elixirs from a family committed to cultivating the highest quality, pesticide-free, sun-grown-indoor cannabis flower possible.The Thrive Elixir and Warrior Elixir are both from the no-spray cannabis flower grown on the family farm. Not only are they derived from no-spray cannabis, but the non-volatile process used to extract this grade of HTFSE (High Terpene Full Spectrum) cannabis oil used in both elixirs is unique to the cannabis industry. It allows a cold extraction process that creates an extra virgin, high-quality grade of cannabis oil with no artificial flavors or colors.
Now – let’s talk potency.
You might be looking for a tincture with certain therapeutic properties without intoxicating effects or a high-THC tincture for the euphoric effects. Autumn Brands offers both:
- The Warrior Elixir has the perfect micro-dose blend of THC and THCa. It is infused with 100% full-spectrum cannabis with 1000mg of THC. Each serving size (0.25ml/approximately five drops) has 8.33mg THC per serving, providing the full-body rush of relaxing, long-lasting psychoactive effects. Ingredients include MCT Oil and High-Terpene Full Spectrum (HTFS)-Grade Cannabis Oil. The Warrior Elixir has no added flavor or additives and is vegan/Non-GMO and made from pesticide-free cannabis.
- The Thrive Elixir has a lower THC dose, coupled with CBD, and is the perfect companion for daytime tranquility or supporting a restful night’s sleep. It is infused with 100% full-spectrum cannabis and 300 mg THC. Each serving size (0.25ml/approximately five drops) contains 2.5mg THC. Full calming effects appear after 1-2 hours, increasing the dose based on the desired effect. The Thrive Elixir ingredients include MCT Oil and High Terpene Full Spectrum (HTFS)-Grade Cannabis Oil. Like the Warrior Elixir, the Thrive Elixir has no added flavor or additives, is vegan/Non-GMO, and is made from pesticide-free cannabis, estate-grown in Santa Barbara County.
The great thing about a tincture – you can just drop it on your tongue! It’s easy, quick, and discreet. However, CBD oil is also very easy to add to foods and beverages because of its unique chemical composition. Cannabidiol is a fat-soluble substance that breaks down best when placed into a fat-based substance or paired with fat-based oil for easy delivery into the body. CBD is taken with food digests slowly, so you feel the effects for hours. It’s also believed that the body can absorb CBD more efficiently.
Have fun with your elixir – here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy them:
- Tea- Adding CBD to your tea might be the perfect way to relax. The soothing effects of both are the ideal end-of-day treat!
- Smoothie – Fill up with the nutritional goodness of a smoothie and the anti-inflammatory CBD. Even better, a power workout smoothie. Studies show that CBD oil can help relieve delayed onset muscle soreness, which makes sense with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Snacks – Elixirs mix wonderfully with many favorite foods – hummus, yogurt, and more. Find a recipe and make your own! The perfect way to get through the afternoon slump.
The restorative power of a tincture just might be what you’re missing! Check out Autumn Brand’s Thrive and Warrior Elixirs for quality and potency you can count on.